Thursday, July 2, 2009

manager meeting

I was asked to attend a Manager's meeting this afternoon to share best practices on providing teens resources and services that will bring them to the Library. I chose to focus on teen volunteerism at Hampton due to the fabulous teen spirit being shared with our community this summer. Instead of sharing my thoughts on why teens enjoy volunteering, I asked both staff and volunteers to tell me why....well, actually not me, but Chi! Chi interviewed staff and volunteers and the words that came up most from staff were: Teens bring creativity, life and fresh ideas to our work! The theme for why teens enjoy volunteering is a belief they can inspire others to read, something fun to be involved in, and to not be bored at home during the summer!
After I presented the feedback I asked to take a few pictures in order to share with the teens on their blog, so here is your management team!



No comments:

Post a Comment